The Extra Mile Southeast Louisiana
The Extra Mile is a statewide network of professional staff and volunteers dedicated to enhancing and enriching the quality of life for all persons served by public human services agencies. Since 1991, these non-profit organizations have helped persons served by the Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority, Metropolitan Human Services District, Florida Parish Human Services District , LA office of Behavioral Health, LA office of CItizens with Developmental Disabilities, and LA Office of Public Health. The Extra Mile programs across the state provide education, support, advocacy, monetary assistance, and program development to fill needs as determined by individual communities.
Mental health illnesses are just as common as fevers and colds but the stigmas placed on mental health make it harder to talk about and seek help for, and that is not fair. As state and federal appropriations have diminished, the needs for them have not. We go the extra mile to fill the gaps and educate people on mental health illness.. because we care.
Want To Help? Here’s What You Can Do:
- Donate clothing, funds, or house hold needs to directly help those in need
- Share a special talent or interest you may have… Be a friend
- Educate your family, friends, and community about mental illness, addictive disorders, and developmental disabilities
- Sponsor an activity (Back-to-school drive or holiday give-aways)
- Become a community advocate
- Have The Extra Mile speak at your events
- Make a tax deductible donation to support the Mission.